26 August 2017
4 November 2017
9 December 2017
Warwick to Clifton return – Enjoy a day out with the family on our next train to Clifton. Experience the beauty of the Darling Downs in any season, with a hearty lunch in Clifton. We pass rolling farmlands offering a different view every trip as farmers grow crops such as corn, sorghum and sunflowers. See you on the train!
Warwick to Clifton and return
Depart Warwick Station at 10:00am for a leisurely heritage train trip to Clifton, arriving at 11:40am.
Train departure from Clifton Station is at 1:40pm for a leisurely heritage train trip back to Warwick, arriving at 3:00pm.
Things to see and do
Before lunch (or even after), you can explore some of the sites around the township.
- Clifton MuseumHoused in the old butter factory, take a trip back in time to the Clifton Historical Museum. Visit a 1930’s early hospital war, view original memoirs and local records, movie memorabilia and many other interesting features.
- Heritage walkExplore Clifton’s heritage with a short walk showing points of historic interest and buildings dating from the 19th century through to present day.
- Coffee and tea Refreshments can be enjoyed at one of the cafe’s in the township.
We recommend any of the following lunch venues: –
- O’Shannley’s Irish Pub and Restaurant
- Clifton Club Hotel
- Explore the town for the take away shops.
Warwick Railway Precinct, cnr Hamilton and Fitzroy St, Warwick QLD 4370,
07 4661 9788
Train ticket: $40.00 per person